Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I missed it.

"She got over her acne," a girl at church whipsered to her mother after seeing you for the first time in 2 months. I had forgotten about your little raspberry complexion issues. I had forgotten that you were congested to the point of snarfing all the time for the first 2 months of your life. Even though it seemed like a constant fixture 2 months ago, your super-pissed cry was a surprise to me in the car today since you turned into an angel baby at 3 months old. I had forgotten that you were a child of passion until I heard that demanding scream again this morning.

Natalie, I believe you have a peace to you that Grace will be searching for her whole life. And Grace has a sense of drama that you will never quite master no matter how hard you try at thirteen. You futures seem almost clearer to me than your pasts, and you both were born yesterday. Already I have let so much of your early days and months slip away.

Someday I will play "You Missed It" for you and you will understand how heartwrenching but growth-instilling it is to be a mother:
http://www.mikebaas.com/audio/
Click on You Missed It.

2 Comments:

Blogger julia said...

This is beautiful, Sarah. You are such a wonderful mother to your girls.

I miss Natalie. She is indeed a little angel, and not just because she doesn't cry and throw things.

love you all. see you soon!

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Upon checking my Google Analytics page referrals I saw that I had 12 referrals from this here blog and I decided to a) do some investigation into said referrals b) read your blog. To my delight!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home