Thursday, February 22, 2007

Copycats


After reading this, and then re-reading my own post on the subject here, I had a few more thoughts about why Grace and Natalie don't like to be ready in time, nor are they inclined to clean up after themselves.

Here is a short list:
1. my shoes are in the hallway, where I left them when I nursed Natalie down for a nap in the guest room.
2. The dishes from the pancakes we excitedly and spontaneously made this morning are on the counter, calcifying the batter onto their surfaces as we speak.
3. I just finished my Christmas thank you cards last week. Yes, I realize it is February.
4. I have a half a dozen household projects half finished: starting composting, starting a little vegetable garden, organizing the pictures we received for Christmas cards into a little photo album for the girls, making a behavior sticker chart for Grace, etc.

Could it be that, far from ignoring Mommy, my daughters are just working their hardest to emulate Mommy? Hmmm??

2 Comments:

Blogger Adriana said...

Well, these two little muffins are at least wearing hats and coats which is more than I can say for mine. I salute you!

1:25 AM  
Blogger PNW Mama said...

Thank you for the link! Be glad you have such benign bad habits to pass along!

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home