Monday, September 18, 2006

Vote for my next blog topic

I'm mulling over a few new blog post ideas. Vote for your favorite:

1. Peak oil and disaster preparedness

some clips and blogs about it: http://aftermathblog.wordpress.com/multimedia/peak-oil/
doomsday-type view of the problem: http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/


2. Why I care about gender issues and about framing gender language for my children (what's wrong with Disney princesses, anyway?)


3. Moving towards a simpler existence that involves living closer to the earth in as many ways as possible, including buying nothing new and growing my own food:

Compact: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/02/13/BAGH3H7DH71.DTL

A simple living blog I read (the author is also a compacter): http://simplereduce.blogspot.com/

8 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

All of the above, please. Actually, I'm most interested in #2, followed by #3. You haven't written a bad blog entry yet, so I don't think you can lose.

8:50 PM  
Blogger PNW Mama said...

#2!!! Help me explain to MY kids why Disney Princesses are not okay. I really try to get the message across, but it's a tough one when it contradicts the blast of culture.

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please #2, but follow it up with #3.

I hear a lot about peak oil as I drift into my dreams each night. Good thing I don't remember my dreams because I am sure they are bad.

P.S. Please buy 30 days worth of food and water next time you are at Costco. The end is near.

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even as a mother of a son, I too am affected by the "princess" issue. Imagine the messages my son is getting about what a girl "should" be like!

But of course, my current passion is simple living. So I look forward to either.

poor peak oil!

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous is Shawna! oops! BTW this is the first time I have EVER responded to someone's blog. Boycott and all....so please pick mine! hee hee!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Okay! We will go with #2 first. No promises that #1 and #3 will be directly after it, however. It may just be too much seriousness all at once, ya know? Thanks for weighing in! And welcome, Kathy the Kiwi!

9:24 PM  
Blogger Adriana said...

very nice! i look forward to all future blogging.

10:09 PM  
Blogger scott said...

Please watch "The Corporation" www.thecorporation.com (cue it up on NetFlix), then write about your #3 idea. I just watched it for my grad school economics course and had to write a paper about it. I'm curious how that movie will affect you. Note: set aside a few hours...it's 2 hrs 40 minutes.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home