Monday, June 12, 2006

A quiz

Question: What do you call a Christian who:
-has deconstructed and rebuilt her faith a few times,
-has heard God calling her to spiritual leadership,
-still has lots of questions about whether or not the early Church got Jesus wrong,
-cries when singing praise music or old-timey hymns,
-writes down notes on her own ideas after hearing a sermon that didn't go far enough,
-all but volunteers to celebrate the Eucharist when the priest couldn't make it to church,
-has a burning desire to learn Greek so that she can get at the true meaning behind scripture and then share it with others?

Leave your answer in the comments.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd call her a woman who needs to start the discernment process. (exploreministry.org)

4:12 PM  
Blogger Adriana said...

Um... someone who is admirably sensitive in ways I wish I was!

hope all is well, it sounds as tho' it is! i get to go work with elena tomorrow, I'll tell you about it on Friday! :)

11:28 PM  
Blogger julia said...

I call that person a Seminarian.

DO IT! GO NOW. Fuller would be perfect for a flexible program/schedule/doctrin. I'm not going to rest until you're a priest, Sarah.

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone who needs to crack open that Tolstoy book I lent you.

3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home